View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49   #23
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
I've discussed the debate with many people this morning, face to face. Every one of them had a handful of specifics, why he won.
I won't dispute that. There are plenty of people that know policy details and agree with Romney's positions (even though they are still WAY to vague and without detail ... exactly HOW again is he going to do a 20% tax cut across board, add 2 trillion to defense spending, not cut medicare/medicaid/SS (arguably even increase spending), and NOT add dramatically to the debt? Clue: It is IMPOSSIBLE without assuming some magical/mythical growth and/or significant changes to deductions that primarily would impact middle class negatively). But for every one of these people in our circles who know the policies and are intelligent enough to parse them ... there are 10 that think Romney looked "more Presidential" or was "more energetic" or "had nicer hair" .... etc. To these folks, Romney "won" and might have been swayed.

edit: folks like Goaltender66 (post #10 above I believe) are doing thoughtful and legitimate analysis based on their beliefs on policy. While I don't AGREE with some of the beliefs, he is at least making information, policy based arguments. If we were a world full of Goaltender66 critical thinking skills (not necessarily of same conclusions though ) ... we would be in much better place. But instead .... we have Honey Boo Boo and Kim Kardashian voting.

Last edited by douggmc; 10-04-2012 at 08:55..
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote