View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 15:34   #93
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post
I didn't finish reading the thread so forgive me if this was addressed. You do know that virtually none of the actions taken during the 20s, 30s, or early 40s had any real impact on the economy (at least any helpful impact)? Be careful when you reference history to support a faulty conclusion. It took WW2 to get us out of the Great Depression.
Or maybe the fact that the feds STOPPED doing the stuff they were doing in the 20s, 30s, and 40s got us out of the Depression? All WW2 did was send gov't spending and borrowing through the roof and institute inflation in order to set a "new normal" and saddle the next generations with the war debt. The ending of the constant gov't interventions in the financial markets and monetary policies was what ended the Depression. We're seeing it playing out nearly identically right now. The more the gov't does to "fix it", the worse the situation becomes. The only way to resolve the issues to to let the market work and liquidate the bad debt, let failed companies fail (banks, eg), and stop trusting the Ivory Tower folks to be smart enough to actually "fix" anything.

Quote:
On a separate note, for those of you who aren't voting because you don't like Romney: do you really think your failure to support Romney is beneficial? Make no mistake. Not voting for Romney is still a vote for Obama.
Blah blah. It's beneficial in that my principles stay intact and maybe the GOP will realize that nominating liberals only guarantees more loses. Btw, I don't depend on gov't for my existence, good or bad, so I have little stake in the outcome of who wins the election as it stands now. That's one of the biggest appeals of conservatism to me. Small gov't generally means letting me take care of myself. Neither Mitt nor Barack offer this appeal.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote