View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:36   #11
dre23

Also unless I am mistaken certain felons are able to apply for reinstatement of their rights after a time period of " clean living"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
indeed, if he's a free man he gets all the rights afforded him. I don't recall a part that says "shall not be infringed unless."

If you're releasing them from prison you're obviously saying they're not longer a threat to their fellow citizens right? Saying there's a law against that person having a gun implies there was no law about the crime he committed in the first place right? I mean if he follows laws then yes that law will stop him from getting a gun. However it's already proven that laws haven't stopped him from anything else

I also believe in a much stricter sentencing and prison system.

EDIT: there are women in jail from DUIs and minor drug violations. They get out do they lose the right to protect themselves against rape? Murder? Their children being abducted?
I also believe in stricter sentencing myself. I would not characterize DUI and minor drug offenses as violent. On that same note though a career felon who is out but gets picked up on minor drug charge would have a felony charge added increased sentence. I also 100% realize that felons can and do still get guns. I also believe that certain crimes/criminal do warrant a loss of rights. Again I would much rather see stricter/ harsher penalties for violent crime. Person out on parole is subject to unannounced visits searches and knows the rules still has a gun proves they are not ready for society and should be sent back for more time to be rehabilitated.

Last edited by dre23; 10-08-2012 at 03:38..
dre23 is offline   Reply With Quote