View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:57   #17
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre23 View Post
So you really think a person with a history of convictions for violent crime should be allowed to own firearms upon release from prison ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Of course. I do too.

If a seasoned felon wants a gun to commit more crime, he'll get it. What good is a silly law? All it does is disarm the guy who gets out of prison and has reformed himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
If you're releasing them from prison you're obviously saying they're not longer a threat to their fellow citizens right?

I also believe in a much stricter sentencing and prison system.
This is what is difficult for me, being an LEO... i agree with the above statements, which in my area, generally isn't the norm.

I believe if a person is deemed "rehabilitated" enough to be released back into society, they should have their rights restored. I see it as night or day: you're either rehabilitated, or you're not; there's no in-between. Either keep them locked up, or kick them loose and restore their rights. As said above, a criminal will get a gun regardless of the laws if they want one, and the individuals who truly do turn legit and become productive members or society/law abiding citizens are the one's who suffer because of gun laws.

That being said, I have a job to do, and I don't allow my opinions to interfere; I still perform my job in the manner in which I'm supposed to...

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited by CLoft239; 10-08-2012 at 05:03..
CLoft239 is offline   Reply With Quote