View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03   #100
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I know they were responsible for it. I'm asking you if you think they have lied about it and are continuing to lie about it.
Of course, it wouldn't be a scandal if they hadn't lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I worked for the federal government for 21 years and I saw numbers juggled every way possible for lots of reasons.
Yet this only seems to come up when people do not like the numbers. Obama is president, unemployment goes down = numbers must be rigged. Obama is president, unemployment goes up = numbers are gospel.

If the numbers were rigged, why didn't they bring the unemployment down below 8% a long time ago when he promised the stimulus would do this?

When you pick and choose whether or not you believe the numbers based on your political party affiliation, you lose all credibility. The numbers are either real or they aren't, and that applies to all administrations. If Romney wins the election, I bet you'll see most of the posters in this thread quoting the falling unemployment rate as an indication of his success (and they'd be right). However, myself and 1 or 2 other people in this thread will be the only ones who can effectively do that without looking like a hypocrite - because our position on the unemployment rate is consistent irrespective of who is in office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Oh I understand it when I hear a liberal fall back on "you don't understand"
So you define a liberal as someone who does not believe there is a massive conspiracy surrounding the unemployment rate? That's a new one. Apparently your political repertoire only goes as far as "if you disagree with me, you're a liberal!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So you are willing to accept the statistics from the Government because?????? Because they've always come from the Government?
No, I accept them because your conspiracy theory is filled with holes and contradictions, as are all conspiracy theories. There is no consistency in your argument, unless you're claiming that the unemployment rate has been a conspiracy since its inception - but I've yet to see a single person say that. They only have a problem with it when it suits their agenda. Oddly enough, these will be the first people to laugh and mock liberals 2 years from now when the far left refuses to accept that unemployment went down under Romney. Mark my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So, then , you do agree with me on thing like that actual existence of WMDS in Iraq for instance, and they were just moved before we got to them, after all you aren't one of those folks that doesn't trust what the Government tells you.


You must also believe that Fast and Furioud had no connection to upper levels of Government, just a rogue project by some low level pogues right?

Your trust of Government correlates to it fiting in your agenda.

If you have ever doubted a Government report, then you have no business heckling people who doubt them either.
You're attempting to draw equivalencies between singular events that are specific to one administration. The unemployment rate has been calculated by the same department for many, many years across many administrations - this is one of the fundamental reasons that your theory does not make sense.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote