View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 13:14   #10
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
What Romney says he wants to do for us, and what Romney will actually do when presented with a political decision are two very, very, very, very different things.

He may actually WANT to do that for us, and he still won't let that get in the way of his politics.
That last sentence is a bit much to parse. Kind of contradictory in fact.

The reason why the article is salient for the sentient:

1. Its on paper. Its fairly solid and clear. Politicians that are wafflers are usually that way from the get go so they leave themselves wiggle room. The verbiage here is fairly clear. To violate it becomes an epic fail, ask Bush I. You know, the s#$% storm after kicking the No New Taxes pledge. Read my lips and all that. They never let him forget about it and he paid dearly.

2. He stepped up to the plate with the explanations why. REally nailed his feet to the floor. "Defense doesn't end at your doorstep". Bravissimo…that's not a line you get from a political handler, but a sign of actual belief or at least paying attention to what the gunner community has to say.

So, there is plenty of room to believe he actually means it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote