View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 13:44   #15
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
That last sentence is a bit much to parse. Kind of contradictory in fact.

The reason why the article is salient for the sentient:

1. Its on paper. Its fairly solid and clear. Politicians that are wafflers are usually that way from the get go so they leave themselves wiggle room. The verbiage here is fairly clear. To violate it becomes an epic fail, ask Bush I. You know, the s#$% storm after kicking the No New Taxes pledge. Read my lips and all that. They never let him forget about it and he paid dearly.

2. He stepped up to the plate with the explanations why. REally nailed his feet to the floor. "Defense doesn't end at your doorstep". Bravissimo…that's not a line you get from a political handler, but a sign of actual belief or at least paying attention to what the gunner community has to say.

So, there is plenty of room to believe he actually means it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt Romney
I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt Romney
Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts, these guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.
That's some pretty strong wording too. Bravissimo if you will; really nailed his feet to the floor there...

Romney will say whatever it is that he thinks you want to hear.

The Maggy is online now   Reply With Quote