View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 15:07   #45
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
BTT

I already quoted 9:20 above. Maybe you should review it.

1Co 9:21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law--not being without law toward God but under the law of Christ--that I might win those outside the law.

Can you point out support for this assertion?

Paul doesn't say "SACRIFICIAL laws" here. He says "the" law. Redefining terms whenever you want to is just special pleading.

See? If you keep re-defining the term that Paul used just to suit your own beliefs, then you aren't following scripture at all; you're just following your own beliefs. Or Fred's.

This shows explicitely that the dietary laws have been abrogated, since Paul ate with the gentiles.

Yep, in their spiritual sense, as per Christ's commandments (i.e., the sermon on the mount, etc.)

Yep. Obedience toward Christ fulfills God's Law.

Who is it that is adding the "our comment" part that has no support from scripture?

And, read it without the "our comment" parts -- it doesn't support your theory.

Question-begging.

Prove it.

When Paul says:
Ro 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

... by your twisted definition, then, we must be under the penalty of grace. Doesn't make sense? I agree.

What a lousy translation.
Is this a purposeful distortion, or just done out of ignorance?
I hope this can clear up any questions you may have, it addresses Paul's difficult to understand scriptures.

http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/Appendi...Scriptures.pdf
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote