View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 15:36   #59
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2718 View Post
Everything kicks, screams, and yelps when it is dying. Even game animals shot with high power rifles. Killing is killing. This humane kill bull **** is just something people started spewing when PETA showed up. There is nothing noble or humane about killing something. People will ***** whine and complain about someone handgun hunting with a 9/40, but have no qualms about shooting an animal with an arrow.

If you ask me, while we're talking about the humanity of a kill, bow hunting is just plain stupid then. That's the most inhumane way to kill an animal. The mechanism for death is hemmorhage. An animal will be kicking and screaming for sometimes minutes after a bow shot, yet there is nothing wrong with that. How about all the bow hunters that wound animals and never find them. Ever seen a deer running around with a broken shaft in its thigh? I have. People even hunt elk and bear with bows. But that somehow is more humane than using a .40 handgun that produces both more penetration and foot pounds of energy with the proper bullet selection.
The argument about taking large game with a 9mm makes about as much sense as hunting one with a Jennings .25 I suppose it holds still enough, that round can probably kill most things, right?

The point, is whenever possible to make a clean kill. Causing needless suffering is not about sportsmanship, or the sign of a good hunter.