View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 19:06   #3
Saugus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSilva87 View Post
Just to give you a background about me I bought my first gun last year. I knew that I wanted to get good enough at shooting that I could carry concealed with confidence. I sought out training and accomplished that goal.

I got my permit three weeks ago. Ever since I bought my gun a year ago I have been researching and reading reviews on different holsters. I read articles on OWB vs. IWB vs Appendix vs. pocket or something like a smartcarry. I had no idea how I wanted to carry or which one I would prefer for comfort.

I knew that I liked that Crossbreed offered a lifetime warranty and a two week buy back program. I figured I couldn't go wrong. Just order it, try it and return it if I didn't like it.

I'm a lefty so while I was waiting for my holster to be made and shipped I got a $10 generic OWB holster from my local sporting goods store. It was so uncomfortable and I didn't like OWB carry at all. I was afraid that the crossbreed wouldn't be much more comfortable. I couldn't have been more wrong.

As soon as I opened up the package I put on the crossbreed gun belt and the holster. I put it on at the 8:00 position (i'm a lefty) and I instantly fell in love. I really dont think that there could be a more comfortable way to strap a gun that weighs a couple pounds on your hip.

I ordered the horsehide option for the G26 left handed. The holster itself looks massive and when I first saw it I was thinking that there was no way this huge piece of leather would be at all comfortable.

The gun rode too high for me out the box so I adjusted it to the lowest setting. The gun just disappeared. I haven't messed with the cant or anything with this holster. I am satisfied with the cant that it comes with out of the box.

The only gripe for me is that the G26 is hard to draw out of the holster. However, I think it would be hard to draw the G26's short 2 finger grip out of any holster. I kinda wish I bought the G19 now instead of the G26. Maybe I can justify my next gun purchase now??

I've gone to walmart, lowes, home depot with the crossbreed so far and haven't been worried about people seeing it or anything. With the OWB holster I was sweating I was so nervous that I was going to bend down wrong and expose my gun but thats a personal preference.

I added a couple pictures of the holster while I'm wearing it and it off. Let me know what you think!
I think you made a very wise decision in purchasing a Crossbreed Super Tuk. I carry by Glock30 everyday in one.

You mentioned that the G26 was hard to draw from the holster. I found the same thing true with my G30. I found myself having to put my thumb on the front of the rear site to draw it with the grip I would present with.

I did not like that so I cut off the upper part of the holster so I could grip the gun for presentation without modifications. I have NOT noticed any loss of comfort.

Hickok45 did the same to one of his Crossbreed Holsters that I did to mine.

I think you will find it to be the most comfortable holster on the market.

Good Luck!

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote