Thread: Civil War?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04   #31
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Not to be funny, but, what would you all do if these theories materialized?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Still, I'd like to know what people who dismiss the idea of a civil war hitting us (don't know of a country that doesn't have one from time to time) would do if what they never fathomed came true.
1st, I think the author has his terms wrong. If the government is preparing this way its a revolution not a civil war (at least to me).

2nd, I can't imagine many scenarios where this would happen - its possible but not probable. Politicans and the Fed are pretty happy where things are right now (regardless of what you read or what they say). Look at every scenario they plan for what is generally one of the top 1-2 priorities: Get a functional government installed. They continue to get voted into office, and regardless of who wins, we generally lose. They sit on top of the food chain - don't upset the cart just make damn sure you can stay there.

Lets imagine they did institute camps of some sort; this would probably accompany martial law. The question is what could cause this to happen? It certainly would accompany a PR blitz of proportions we havn't seen since WWII.

In the end to me at least its gas on a fire. While there are 47% of the country who feels just fine getting government handouts in one from or another there are 53% who are sick and tired of pulling the other 47% - assume 1 in 10 of those have reached their breaking point that's 17 million Americans the Fed doesnt' need to deal with right now in any capacity other than continuing to rape them weekly, biweekly, bimonthly or monthly depending on how you are paid.
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"

Last edited by pugman; 10-09-2012 at 11:05..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote