View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 15:24   #19
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUAdman View Post
This is definately a major factor on my list. The only .22 I have right now is a Buckmark I got decades ago now. Great shooter, cheap and easy. It's what I taught my wife on and what I'll teach my son on.

He's only 19 months, so he has some growing to do, but some of my fondest memories were sitting on Sundays with my dad and taking out his lever-action .22.

My wife keeps pushing me to pick up something for my son (don't we all wish we had those kinda problems?), but I keep getting stuck on the details.

What is he going to like in 8 years? Is he gonna want a tactical space gun .22? Something more vintage? Or is it more about spending time with the old man?

Decisions, decisions.

I got us a S&W 22A with a red dot he loves it, He also got a single shot Cricket rifle when he was around 5 or 6 to "learn on" when he wanted his first "real"(meaning to him bigger than a Cricket rifle ) rifle it came down to a lever action henry or a Bolt action(you cant hunt with a semi auto in PA so they were ruled out for a useable rifle(but not as a fun rifle). He wanted a bolt action so we got him a youth model Savage left handed bolt model with the accu trigger..he also loves that...now we want something for fun at the range...we have looked at almost all the ones they have but id never seen that STG one till now he loves it
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote