View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 17:31   #73
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
I can appreciate yours and other's can-do attitude and the ability to make something useful (even accurate) out of scraps of cases and sticks with mundane tools no more complex than a file, and running to a friend's house and playing with scales and files all evening to make it happen - but if I had to make 1/10, nay... 1/100 that effort, just for the privilege of having a system that's capable of producing perhaps less than 1/100 of what I need, I most certainly wouldn't have taken up reloading.

As someone said earlier, and to me at least... these techniques are best left for the apocalypse. Perhaps we'll see this on future installments of "Revolution".

I think I am happy that I wasn't 'here' for the good old days.
It's not a good ole days or eotwawki thing, it's a money thing. Some people don't want to spend $100.00 on a scale and measure, and they don't need to. If the OP lived near me I'd make him up a dipper in 10 minutes and he'd be good to go. There really is no need to have adjustability. Many people are looking to make a cheaper version of ball ammo. Sine Win, Rem, Tula etc don't give you any expectation of a particular load, whatever load you come up with is as good as theirs. My buddy has been loading for two years now with a dipper I made him. I told him use this dipper, Unique, and any 124 grain bullet and you are good to go. The dipper is above the starting load, but still a full grain below the max. He'd have to use a hammer to pack the dipper and get his gun to blow up.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote