View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 18:59   #62
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
Oh no, I'm not saying that my mind is made up and yes I have done my homework.

"Romney is the only one that can beat Obama"

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

"Romney is better than Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.
Funny, Romney was not my first choice in the primaries. In fact, I was staunchly opposed to Romney. I have also voted for 3rd party candidate in the past. With all that said, I was capable of analyzing my options and making my own decision without begging others to "show me".

Make up your own mind. Your criteria is likely unique to you...just like mine was to me. Your age, sex, lifetime experiences, etc...they all come into play in determining why you pick the person that you pick.

Don't beg people to convince you. You know the choices. You know that one of two people will win - whether you like it or not. It doesn't mean that you are limited to voting for either of them. That's a wonderful part of what we have here. Whether you use your vote to make a statement, to eliminate a greater perceived evil via a lesser evil, or whether you're dillusional and believe that there is a possibility of a 3rd candidate making a surprise...it's all your choice. Choose wisely

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote