View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47   #92
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

I'm in the carry where it is legal camp. There are exceptions. For example, I'm not carrying when I'm coaching soccer games (too much running, and I have a gun nearby in the car as a backup plan). Likewise, I don't carry when I'm at the local batting cage taking batting practice (it would mess up my swing more than I'm willing to sacrifice), but again, it is very very close in the car.

Also, I don't carry when taking out the trash. I live in an extremely safe neighborhood. That is one of the primary reasons I live here (it sure isn't for all of the hippies and liberals around here). But for the LEO's in my town, this isn't a tough beat. You've got some drunks to deal with (about 6 blocks away on the main drag), and some teenage vandalism, and that's about it. Break-ins are surprisingly rare. Violent crime is practically non-existent. If, and that is a big if, I encountered something just outside my house, I am prepared for hand-to-hand combat. There is a reason my favorite martial arts instructor is a former Navy SEAL, and he teaches us as many techniques and tricks as we can absorb into our brains - then we practice to create muscle memory. And we work out. Yeah, so just because I don't have a gun on me doesn't mean I don't have several deadly weapons. Hands, feet, elbows, etc.....I'm ALWAYS carrying those...
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote