View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29   #3
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintrips View Post
I bought my brand new 29sf a month ago. I noticed as I hand racked the slide it would fail to return to battery about half the time. I called Glock and the gentleman said it should be fine once I started shooting it.

My first outing was last week. Out of 50 rounds it failed to return to battery 4 times. An 8% failure rate is unacceptable, maybe I should have saved $300 and bought a Taurus.....kidding.....but you get my point.

I called Glock again and the gentleman said he would send me a new recoil spring assembly. I asked if he thought that would work and he said "That's the first thing we try."

Not very comforting.....

I will let you know when it gets here.
Thanks for your input, will be interesting to see what happens with your pistol. I have a friend on another forum who's main issue (initially) with his Gen 4 was the recoil spring assembly, you could push the slide "forward" from the rear a good amount with just a finger, lol.

Keep us posted on what happens with your pistol.

FM
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote