View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 13:14   #7
JBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
I own a G19 Gen 4, Serial number SVY***. It now has over 3,000 rounds through it since I purchased it a little over 3 months ago. After almost 2,000 rounds through the gun, I started getting pelted in the face with brass, brass would roll out of the ejection port and onto my right arm, and the brass started ejecting basically wherever it wants to. Left, Right, forward, back over me, back to my face, etc, etc.FM
One thing that I don’t think has been addressed yet is the possibility of the extractor actually stretching to some extent after many cycles. If the gun runs for many hundreds of rounds and then starts to act up it has to be a wear part or an actual part failure and that would include the part loosing spec measurements by elongating. When you get your new part just for grins measure the distance between the claw and the anchor lug and see if your old one has gotten wider than the new one. Back in the 70s and early 80s the market had a bunch of import arms with parts that would bend or stretch after a few hundred rounds.
Attached Thumbnails
General Glocking - Click for larger version  
2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Last edited by JBS; 10-10-2012 at 13:14..
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote