View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 13:19   #9
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
One thing that I don’t think has been addressed yet is the possibility of the extractor actually stretching to some extent after many cycles. If the gun runs for many hundreds of rounds and then starts to act up it has to be a wear part or an actual part failure and that would include the part loosing spec measurements by elongating. When you get your new part just for grins measure the distance between the claw and the anchor lug and see if your old one has gotten wider than the new one. Back in the 70s and early 80s the market had a bunch of import arms with parts that would bend or stretch after a few hundred rounds.
I will get the dial caliper out later tonight when the household calms down a bit. That would be an interesting comparison.

Thanks for your input.
FM

Edit: I couldn't wait had to know, 0.455" on both parts the new and the old.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-10-2012 at 13:26..
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote