View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 14:46   #22
JBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by molar View Post
My 19 had problems from the start, but I too, find it interesting that some guns don't develop the problem until a few thousand rounds are through the gun. One thing I found odd was that the spring loaded bearing and spring was a few mm shorter in my 19 than the one found in my 17. The odd part is that my 19 only had 500 rounds through it while the 17 has several thousand. I wonder if some of the EDP springs are defective and compress under load earlier. I know this would cause a loss of extractor tension, but what effect would it have on ejection and extraction?
I have never been happy with the weight of the factory EDP spring. Before White Sound Defense started making heavy duty SST springs available we would make small spacer rings from brass tube that slipped over the bearing and caused the spring to compress a bit more. You may want to try the HD spring in combination with your Apex and see if that gets rid of your stove pipes or try your longer spring before you spend money on a WSD spring.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote