View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 19:59   #97
ArsonCop
Who Knows.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
This is what it all boils down to, IMO.
I am with Cochese on this....him and I know each other and I believe we pretty much think alike in regards to having equipment. My philosophy is the old saying of "better to have it and not need it, than to need and not have it".

I am a Lt in our department and I carry more crap than my officers do between my belt, duty bag and trauma plate pocket of my vest but then also, I patrol full time and run calls, even getting in two foot chases in the past three months, one as the primary officer and the other as secondary.

How many primary/secondary weapon magazines are enough?? That is up to each individual officer and/or patrol area. Personally between my duty bag and belt, I am carrying six 15 round Glock .40 mags and 80 rounds (two 30's and one 20 round) of .223 besides the 60 with the department's patrol rifle.

I want to feel that if I were to get into a +*&^ storm which as we all know can happen anywhere and anytime, I am well prepared for it and not a sitting duck with an empty weapon.

Stay safe all...