View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 13:40   #58
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintrips View Post
I bought my brand new 29sf a month ago. I noticed as I hand racked the slide it would fail to return to battery about half the time. I called Glock and the gentleman said it should be fine once I started shooting it.

My first outing was last week. Out of 50 rounds it failed to return to battery 4 times. An 8% failure rate is unacceptable, maybe I should have saved $300 and bought a Taurus.....kidding.....but you get my point.

I called Glock again and the gentleman said he would send me a new recoil spring assembly. I asked if he thought that would work and he said "That's the first thing we try."

Not very comforting.....

I will let you know when it gets here.
My Glock was the same way. I found that the bump on the trigger bar (that pushes on the safety plunger) was rubbing so hard on the bottom of the slide (it's not supposed to rub at all) that it prevented the gun from cycling properly. I took about .030 of metal off the top of it before it stopped rubbing, and now it works much better, and the safety plunger still works.

This is just plain old proof that Glocks are not being manufactured to even halfway decent tolerances anymore. Pistol actions have nothing in them, and I mean NOTHING, that should need a break in period AT ALL since there is nothing in a pistol action that is SUPPOSED to have an interference fit - it's not like it's piston rings needing to establish the proper surface finish on the cylinder walls or anything like that.

All the really good guns I've ever owned worked perfect from the very first shot, and the "break in" nonsense is just a lame excuse from Glock about the bad job they are doing with quality control these days. In the sixties, I never heard anyone say their Browning High Power needed a break in period. Some of the crappy looking new ones made by other companies might, but the old authentic Brownings didn't.

The fact that Glock, with modern CNC equipment, cannot seem to make gun parts as accurately as all the other gun companies did 50 years ago is down right pathetic.

Last edited by Brian Lee; 10-11-2012 at 13:44..
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote