View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 22:08   #60
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
The only thing which offends me is stupidity and ignorance. While those hittting the social security/Medicare rolls daily keep saying "protect my social security"...I've never heard one single one say "oh yeah, and protect it for my kids."
I have.

Quote:
Simple truth: Social Security will be bankrupt by 2033. It started paying out more in 2010 than it took in. If the elderly are so noble, please tell me your plan to make sure I get my money - which by the way is paying for those on SS right now. Again, the simple truth is social security is a pyramid scheme. When it started there was 33 paying for every one receiving...fast forward and its now 1 to 7 and by the time the last of the baby boomers retire its 1 to 4. Yeah, its a good plan
Propaganda, not truth. The viability of Social Security has nothing to do with the number of children the Baby Boomers had. It has to do with the number of high paying jobs there are in the U.S.

Quote:
I don't resent the elderly - I simply think any one of them which give me that "working when you were crapping in your pants" b.s forgets they were young once at well.
When I young I was paying a substantially higher percent of my income in taxes and SSI than you are. Man up. Stop whining.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 10-11-2012 at 22:08..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote