Originally Posted by RussP
To what does "except for official purposes" apply?
- Is it, no person while on postal property, except for official purposes, may carry firearms?
- Is it, no person may carry firearms, except for official purposes, while on postal property?
In other words, is the requirement for carrying
- that one be conducting official business with the post office, OR,
- is the requirement for carrying that one must be carrying for official purposes? Then,
- What is the definition for "carrying for official purposes?"
This is the crux of the issue. As one poster pointed out, there is the case in Denver that may be point on. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.
HerrGlock, could you by chance post a link to that case in Denver? I'd like to follow it. Thx!