View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46   #62
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwm View Post
Part of my job is reading government laws and rulings and redistributing the meaning to businesses in plain language.
What is your take on this?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I suspect that this regulation may have been written exactly that way to be able to be used or not used as desired. It gives people at several levels lots of discretion and options.

I also suspect that 39 CFR 232 does not supercede other laws at both the federal and state level.

"(2) Whoever shall be found guilty of violating the rules and regulations in this section while on property under the charge and control of the Postal Service is subject to a fine as provided in 18 U.S.C. 3571 or imprisonment of not more than 30 days, or both. Nothing contained in these rules and regulations shall be construed to abrogate any other Federal laws or regulations or any State and local laws and regulations applicable to any area in which the property is situated." 39 CFR 232 (p)
Then we need to reconcile with this:
Quote:
Title 39 - Postal Service

232.1 Conduct on postal property.

(l) Weapons and explosives. Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote