View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 14:57   #21
Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Bados, hang around for a while and listen to the arguments for a traditional reading of the second amendment. One of the original reasons for the second amendment was as a protection from a Government that turns tyrannical. This isn't a tin foil hat type concept. It is established Constitutional thought. The reason you are getting flack is because your argument is the same emotionally based argument the groups like the Brady Campaign use. You are getting grouped in with the anti-gun crowd. You aren't one of those kind are you?

Please vote! It's that important!
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote