View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 14:26   #224
surf

From a long range, scoped bolt rifle or gas gun, we train to use a standing unsupported with a bladed stance as described previously. In reality, if we have time to blade and get in a good standing unsupported position, generally time, distance and often cover or concealment are on our side. But in reality, if I have all of that going for me, I will probably find some other type of supported position to fire from.

On the bladed squared up thing, squared up was not primarily developed around presentation of body armor but it was and advantage as opposed to the open side panel area. Just to add a few other bonuses other than what was mentioned....Better to manage recoil for speed and accuracy of follow up shots. Opens up your field of view, downrange and peripheral views providing a larger field of fire to not only the front but to both sides / left and right flank. Also square to the target if I get hit in one lung bad news. Bladed and I get hit in 2 lungs and the heart. Game over. Of course in real life dynamic things are constantly evolving so there really is no perfect situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by surf; 11-05-2012 at 14:30..
surf is offline   Reply With Quote