View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 21:30   #112
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
I'd be curious where you got this stat from.

And what the government does when you don't pay taxes is they lock you up in jail, as they should.

You don't get to drive on roads that I am paying for, enjoy the protection of the military that I am helping fund, without putting in your fair share. Simple as that.

I've been paying taxes all my life, and I've never collected a dime of "welfare."

You pay for the privilege of living in the most developed country in the world, or you don't get to enjoy its freedom.
Here you go Skippy:

Political Issues

Note this is a pie chart of all federal spending, which is of course inclusive of deficit spending. The dollar amounts don't change, just the percentages.

These numbers can all vary $50-$100B or so, depending on the source. Believe me I've looked at a lot of sources and they vary, so we ballpark. The end point is the same.

Total fed revenue from all sources: $2.2Trillion
SS: $720B
Medicare: $491B
Medicaid: $297B
Safety Net Programs: $360B

Right there you have: $1.868 Trillion

That's only $132B remaining of federal revenues.

Still remaining:

"Food"
"Housing"
"Education"

Yes, education. Everything from school lunch program to pell grants.

On the most basic numbers above, without getting into details you have

So, no, you aren't paying for "infrastructure" and neither am I. Taxes go to welfare. Congratulations. You folks have made us Western Europe.

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-08-2012 at 21:31..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote