View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 16:05   #50
John Biltz

Very true. In every armsroom in the Army there are broken M4s or M16s. I'd guess the average is probably around 5 per company. Call that around 4% of them. Although I will say if something can be broke a soldier will manage to break one. I bent a barrel once my own self. Bad landing on a parachute jump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Warp,

I'm not going to deny that ARs have malfunctions. What I am going to tell you is that I have seen EVERY malfunction you can find in ANY AR thread on the internet on an M16 Rifle Range in the US Army with Colt and FN rifles.

That malfunction you described above is probably a case rim over the top of the bolt jam and while rare--I've seen it happen in the military. Its a beotch to clear for sure. But it happens even with fully functional MILSPEC issued rifles...

Anecdotal observations like yours are interesting. But they prove nothing. Its like saying you were driving home today and saw a Honda Accord broken down on the side of the road and therefore concluding the Honda Accord is an unreliable piece of junk!