View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 18:15   #27
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Think the $900 is a waste?

It will show in the long run. The HK will keep running long after the Glock breaks.

They both do the same thing but the HK will do it longer.

HK's are money well spent!

See, now you're just full of it. There is no proof that HK pistols as a whole last longer than Glocks. They will both last pretty much forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Maybe sell it and buy a Glock 21? There isn't any reason to keep something you don't like.

HK's aren't cheap but the extra cost is attributed to the quality standard they are held to. It's kind of like buying a Colt over say brand X.

You may pay a little more for the Colt but you can take it out of the box and be sure that the level of quality up to par and built with components that you can be sure about.

All I can say is HK's aren't for everybody especially if cost is a issue. HK's are for the discerning shooter that demands the highest quality polymer pistol on the market or for the person that can only own one handgun and demands a polymer pistol.

There will always be other polymer pistols but none of them can currently top HK's quality and durability.

I'll gladly spend the $900+ for a HK over a Glock. That's not to say I don't like Glocks or other polymer guns.

I just prefer the HK's. Why? After reading this it should be obvious!

In the end, it's your money and if your not happy with it, sell it and buy something that's more to your liking.

And this kind of shows where you are coming from. Colt really mostly makes lower end 1911s. Parts quality and fitting on Colt 1911s are nothing special, as they are equalled or surpassed by many companies such as Springfield, S&W, Dan Wesson, STI, Kimber, and several more.

Im a huge fan of my HK45 and i do feel that it is pretty much the best handgun I own. Not because of longevity though. My point is that there is no greatest, supreme pistol. For every Wilson Combat there is a Les Baer. For every Sig there is an HK. For every Glock there is an M&P.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote