View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 20:33   #74
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
People in the medical field are on edge; afraid for their jobs. Guess what? They are not spending. Hello Great Depression II.

Tradesmen I deal with are stunned. One guy said he did not vote as he figured Romney would win easily as Americans would not be so stupid.
My wife is a teacher - no not a public school union teacher but a small private college still don't get paid s*** AND without all the nice benefits teacher.

A class ran late...she got back to my house at 7:00 pm...she had left my house at 6:30 am. Our polling place closed at 8.

She walks in the door and the FIRST thing she says to me is are you ready to go vote?

If your friend was too stupid/lazy/whatever to vote he is as good as a person who votes for Obama. The final vote tally I saw indicated a 2.5 million popular vote lead for Obama. If every person who WOULD have voted for Romney instead of thinking he was going to win in a landslide would have voted things today COULD be different.

I don't work in the medical field; I work for the largest health insurance provider in the country. Yesterday we had a call indicating approximately 17% of our work force was being laid off - they called it a "progressive layoff." Some were let go immediately, some where given a week to hand off projects, some by state law were given a full 60 days notice. I thankfully made the cut. However, things will get much worse workwise. Yes, I still have a job but realistically now its hard to not imagine working 70 hour weeks. Is it better than unemployment-yes.

Tradesmen in my area are being hit really hard. My FIL is a electrician doing a lot of cash side jobs; ironically he told me quite a few electricians are doing this and they are cutting each other's throats.

John Galt anyone?

Last edited by pugman; 11-10-2012 at 20:39..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote