View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 16:07   #10
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1970 View Post
IGF,

I gave up! I did the drag and drop into the terminal screen, then hit enter. The next screen was the same install screen I'd already been to; and the button was still not an option.

I will connect to my network via ethernet on Wednesday. Once I do that, what do I need to do?

Thank you,

Jim
Hmm, that doesn't make a lot of sense.. dpkg is a command line utility, and shouldn't open up the software center. I'm still confused why you can't install it from the cd... not sure whats going on there.

Regardless, this should do it.

Plug the laptop into the internet connection
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

Let it finish, then go to Additional Drivers, and activate the b43 driver and restart.

I believe that should do it

I'm not sure why you're having problems w/ the instructions I put above, I went through them 3x on my broadcom machine (on a live cd, w/o an internet connection) and it worked just fine.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote