Thread: Why Romney lost
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 17:08   #112
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslex View Post
So we're clear QNman, I am categorically NOT suggesting you're a racist. Last thing I meant to say. [At base, I simply don't ascribe that philosophy to anyone who hasn't made it clear they hold to it.] More than that, I'm not suggesting that's the case for Romney or the GOP or any such thing. I AM saying that if the GOP cannot find a way to get brown folks and women to vote for its candidates, it loses from here on out. I AM saying that real conservative values are good for every sort of people, and that the GOP has clearly failed -- either to embrace those values (my view) or, if they are embraced by the GOP, to transmit them meaningfully to voters across the demographic spectrum.

[To be clear on another front -- i think the problem might well be part of, or at least go hand-in-hand with, the fundamental inadequacies of the two-party system as presently constituted, where both parties are sold out to K Street.]
Excellent point, sir. I hope someone smarter than me can figure out how to do that - because it clearly needs doing.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote