View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 15:32   #281
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil evans View Post
i'd really like to know what type of high contrast target you are using?
i'm using nra SR-1 target centers at 100 yards and with my old eyes this target seems best for contrast at the 6 o'clock hold.

i've shot iron and i want to do more of it to be better accomplished.

Those are good targets, Phil. I use a globe front sight sized so that I can barely see a little bit of light all the way around the bull at the given distance. The slightest variation in my hold causes part of that light around the bull to vanish. Only when the sight picture is perfect do I see a halo of light all the way around.

The thing that makes magnified optics preferable for many is that they allow a shooter to more easily see a disturbance to the sight picture during the trigger press. This allows the same with zero parallax or other optical distortion. It can also be a great training aid. Once you have the bull centered in the globe, relax. If the sight picture shifts, you could have more bone support. Only when you can relax without shifting the sight picture do you have maximum bone support. This is where one can really fine tune his sling technique. Good shooting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 11-12-2012 at 15:42..
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote