View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33   #131
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
I know one training school who doesn't allow students in their carbine classes to use home build rifles. I read something the chief instructor said on the net, so I don't know if they reject certain brands, but I have seen him say they don't allow home builds because of the high failure rate. I guess when someone is having problems, it disrupts the class.
Folks in my classes get one firearm or ammo caused malfunction. On the second one, we put a carbine or ammo in their hands that we know works. It is simply to distracting to the training process to have malfunction troubleshooting happening constantly on the firing line. Shooters who clear malfunctions efficiently and resume shooting without delay and resume the drill without distracting other students may be allowed to continue with their own gear at the discretion of the RSO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.