View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16   #130
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
He's also been in office for 4 years, and we haven't seen a single piece of anti gun legislation passed.
When he was first elected everyone predicted doom and gloom for gun rights, panic bought everything they could get their hands on, and nothing (other than high prices and shortages) came of it.
Other (republican) presidents ushered in things like the government being able to imprison citizens without trials and tap phones without warrants, but somehow they get a pass because they are for prayer in school?

And you feel comfortable with a man who has a record of saying, and doing, things like this.

The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased. [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
--- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2007/12/

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
--- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).

Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.
(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News] [July 15, 2007] and http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html)

OBAMA:" Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban. "

Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004

Yup, by your standards there is no pattern here whatsoever is there?

you are either a fool, or deliberately decietful

Last edited by countrygun; 11-15-2012 at 10:17..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote