View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 17:47   #28
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwrjr View Post
Seems to me that the FOID card is nothing more than registration. Instead of registering guns they register gun owners. Residents of your state should demand to know how much the FOID program costs the state to run and costs businesses to comply. Then ask them to justify the costs. Your state is facing HUGE financial shortfalls but wastes money on a program that produces no tangible results.

Like I said earlier you're fighting the wrong battle. Instead of making the ammo dealers in the other 49 states comply with the ridiculous FOID program, thereby increasing the cost of doing business to them too, use your efforts to shut down the wasteful and freedom infringing program in the one offending state.
Pretty much, yes. Gun owners have to register themselves with the state.

Actually, it's more than gun owners. Better hope the police don't find you in possession of so much as a single round of .22lr, all by its lonesome, if you haven't registered yourself with the state, whether or own a gun or not.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 11-15-2012 at 17:47..
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote