View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26   #233
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... Historically: Luke tells us that when Jesus was born, Agustus was conducting his census (which was Josephs reason for returning home) and that Quirinius was governor of Syria. This is impossible if Herod was alive because the governorship of Quirinius in Syria didn't take place until as many as 10 years after the death of Herod. If Christ was born during the governorship of Quirinius then the fleeing from Herod to Egypt never occurred as Herod would have been long dead. If the mash up between Herod and Christ happened... Luke is a liar. This is the only place in the Gospel where one of the writers attempted to pinpoint the time in which Christ was born... and they got the historical details wrong. ...
Quote:
PEACE WARRIOR... I'M WAITING! ...Surely your magic book has the answers you need.
Quote:
Let's look at what Luke actually said.

Luke 2:1-3KJV

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Quote:
... Historically: Luke tells us that when Jesus was born, [Caesar Augustus] was conducting his census (which was Josephs reason for returning home) and that [Cyrenius] was governor of Syria.

This is impossible if Herod was alive because the governorship of [Cyrenius] in Syria didn't take place until as many as 10 years after the death of Herod. [blah blah blah yadda yadda...] ...
(Corrections in bold red.)

Wow, much ado still going on in this thread about nothing. (My bad actually, I should have went to my Holy Bible instead of to the book shelf for extra biblical references in the first place. mea culpa.)

The above KJV scripture quote is what Luke actually said of the entire matter. Now please, simply, tell me no more about this supposed contradiction?

For instance, the Holy Bible, and Luke, are merely saying that the first time people were taxed was when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. It did NOT say Cyrenius was governor of Syria at the time that Jesus was born.

Again, my bad as I should have went biblical first.

On to the next one....
(With added emphasis to my post #58.)

ETA: Found this since the thread started: http://ed5015.tripod.com/BArchaeologySupportsNT25.htm
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 05:40..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote