Thread: New Benelli M2
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 21:34   #3
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

I love my Benellis! My experience is they will feed ANYTHING you want to use in them provided you give the gun a couple hundred rounds of standard and heavy loads to slick up the action some and break in the springs. After that they gobble even the light loads easily.

I use my Benelli's VERY hard. I had my SBE II out in the duck blind for the season opener in Arkansas this weekend. Was working a new dog who still doesn't know his way around a duck blind yet and he knocked my Benelli over into 2 feed of flooded, muddy rice field water . Got totally dunked both days and came up covered in mud, rice straw etc. Both times I just shook it off and it never missed a beat. BOOM BOOM BOOM... Out of 10 guys in our duck blind this weekend 8 had Benellis one had a Remington Versamax and one had a Stoeger. I did ZERO maintenance on that gun all weekend other than standing it up next to the wall vent on Saturday night to let it dry out. Didn't even oil it. I really need to run a garden hose over it tomorrow and take it apart and clean it again before next weekend when I'll spend three more days shooting God's little creatures.

Here's Saturday's haul with the unrepentant offending hound!Tactical Shotguns

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”

Last edited by Big Bird; 11-18-2012 at 21:37..
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote