View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 20:24   #208
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Each individual experiencing the original scenario will have to come to a specific conclusion as to what they will do WHEN THEY (YOU) FEEL THEIR LIFE IS THREATENED. You must think of this now. This is the condition which caused you to draw deadly force in the first place.

Some of you, when push comes to shove, will not be able to kill another human being under any circumstances, some will kill right away because of overriding abject fear (justifiable or not), some will have to believe their lives are still in danger and subsequently shoot because their "final line" has been crossed.

I do believe each of you will (as I have) have to evaluate the specific situation for yourselves and know what your final limit is to pull the trigger. Trying to change others "opinions of what is right", because YOU think you have the answer for everyone else, will have no actual bearing on the final outcome.

What is important here is to understand that you have to have the mindset to do what you have to do, and not be indecisive when the time comes. You have to decide what your life is worth to you, and how to best preserve it.

Remember, you, and only you, will have to try to convince some strangers that you truly believed you did what you had to do to survive, and had no other recourse.

Then, see if these strangers concur with your decision. In the end, do you feel it is worth it to be alive, but serve prison time for a bad or questionable decision, survive the trial and go free, or do you die right there with your last thought being that you MAY have made the right choice. You will have to accept the decision you made on the spur of the moment.

This isn't a pi$$ing contest, it will be your life or death. Make the decision of what life is worth to you and then do what you have to do.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote