View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 23:41   #75
Tophatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
How would "interchangeability" be significant between the two? Be VERY specific as in which parts are you speaking of that you believe would be easier to swap vs how often you believe.... as a civilian.... you'll need to swap.
As a civilian? I rarely need to swap much of anything. I also have never needed my JHPs to expand, but I still like the feature.

Quote:
Yeah the whole myth of needing looser tolerances is wasted on those that don't know any better. Granted that's just my opinion of seeing multiple hand fit 1911s go into some pretty significant round counts including ~100K rounds.
I'm not sure round counts have much to do with getting it muddy, sandy, bloody, etc., but I'd generally prefer a looser-fit 1911 if I had to, say, swim ashore and take a beach.

Quote:
I wager that the logistics of price and time vs need was a factor. Essentially, they probably don't have the time or money to wait for thousands of hand fit customs. They probably figure since the old Colt did the job for what the military needed, these would too.
Yep, as I said, they simply can't afford to have these guns needing to go back to gunsmiths for rebuilds as frequently as the old hand-built MEU(SOC) pistols were needing to go.

Quote:
Also FWIW, from what I've seen H&Ks don't take abuse well.
I wouldn't buy one, then, were I you.

Bottom line on this thing: same parts, built differently. If that equals the same gun to you, so be it.