View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 23:19   #8
Brasso

The word for generation in that verse is better translated as tribe, people, or age.

G1074
γενεά
genea
ghen-eh-ah'
From (a presumed derivative of) G1085; a generation; by implication an age (the period or the persons): - age, generation, nation, time.

Jer 31:35 Thus said יהוה, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the laws of the moon and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, and its waves roar – יהוה of hosts is His Name:
Jer 31:36 “If these laws vanish from before Me,” declares יהוה, “then the seed of Yisra’ĕl shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever.”
Jer 31:37 Thus said יהוה, “If the heavens above could be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I would also cast off all the seed of Yisra’ĕl for all that they have done,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:38 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “that the city shall be built for יהוה from the Tower of Ḥanan’ĕl to the Corner Gate.
Jer 31:39 “And the measuring line shall again extend straight ahead to the hill Garĕḇ, then it shall turn toward Goʽah.
Jer 31:40 “And all the valley of the dead bodies and of the ashes, and all the fields as far as the wadi Qiḏron, to the corner of the Horse Gate toward the east, is to be set-apart to יהוה. It shall not be plucked up or thrown down any more forever.”

Mar 13:30 “Truly, I say to you, this generation shall by no means pass away till all this takes place.
Mar 13:31 “The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My words shall by no means pass away.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-24-2012 at 23:22..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote