View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39   #32
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by me:
In Mark, chapter 13, Jesus speaks of a "tribulation", nation rising against nation, earthquakes, and the coming of false Christs and false prophets, the stars falling from the sky, and the coming of the Son of Man "in the clouds with great power and glory". Then, in verse 30, he tells when this will happen. "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

Looks like the train left the station and no one noticed.
Quote:
Response by Brasso:
The word for generation in that verse is better translated as tribe, people, or age.
Quote:
Response by me:
Christians have been using that excuse (and many others) to explain why a simple declarative statement means something other than what it says.

Just for fun, please tell us exactly what tribe, people, or age Jesus was referring to.
Quote:
Response by Brasso:
Israel.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
Please explain what you mean.

Surely you donít mean that Israel has been in continuous existence as a tribe or people since Jesusí time. That area has been ruled by the Romans, the Muslims, the Turks and the Brits before the Jews got it back.

Surely you donít mean the Jews as a people are going to be destroyed.

Exactly what do you mean by "Israel"?
Japle is online now   Reply With Quote