Thread: New Glock 20
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:44   #3
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsmith1941 View Post
Be aware that you may not be able to shoot lead from a L/W barrel.

I bought one about 2 yrs ago as I had a "wild hair" to buy a long slide from them.

I never did and tried recently to shoot some lead reloads but they would not chamber ( would chamber in my 1006 as well as my 610 which is a lot "tighter" than my1006 ).

I have seen where other people have had the same problem and have sent it back to L/W. When I called L/W, they wanted $30.00 + some "dummy" reloads so they could open the barrel + about another $3.00 for return shipping.

With fmj, the barrel is accurate and seems to be more accurate that the stock barrel in my 20.

I have also read that the barrels are manuf outside the US but do not know if this is true. Also, the chamber support @ the ramp appears to be not as tight on current barrels as with old ones.

If I had it to do over again, I would look at other barrels such as KKM storm lake or ect.

If you want a sight devoted to the 10mm, you would be flooded with responses to this - !0mm-firearms.com

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hope you enjoy your 20.
As Jim Smith indicates with LWD barrels you may want to read this thread.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414663

It is quite long,18 or something pages but it should give you a flavor of the problem and attitude of the company,too aid in your decision. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote