Thread: My first 1911!!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 16:15   #16
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
I have been hesitant in the past to jump on the 1911 bandwagon but even after only 2 range trips, I have fallen in love with it. Since the trigger reset is so little, follow up shots stay right on target. So different from my glocks and my 92fs. The fit is ridiculously tight, u hope it loosens up a bit. Field stripping and re-assembly is a big challenge, especially the slide stop which has to fit in front of that little spring. Trying my best not to cause idiot marks by sliding it into place rather than pushing it in behind that spring. My only complaint would be the parkerizes finish not bring very scratch resistant and I hope to remedy that in the future by at least a slide refinish
The more you do it the easier it becomes to reassemble. The slide stop can be a booger, you can in a pinch use a credit card to push in the spring on the plunger tube while sliding in the slide stop. It requires flexible fingers but can help.

1911s do lossen up but it takes awhile to do so. As for the finish, you are right that type of finish can wear but IMO it adds character to the gun
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote