View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34   #53
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballr4lyf View Post
Why does it smell like you're trying to lay some bait here? I did not come here to argue. Just to point out a flaw in a single argument... One used commonly against Christians.

Either way, whatever I say to answer your question, I believe you'll find a way to twist it to fit your needs. It's obvious you're deeply entrenched in your beliefs, so whatever I say will not sway you.

"Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."
I'm not trying to lay a trap, I'm asking a simple question. John 1:1 is frequently cited by theologians and apologists as a statement that Jesus has always existed and is co-equal with God, not a created being. If we follow this argument, there is no time "before Jesus" and further, if we argue a trinitarian god, Jesus is just as responsible for the laws and events of the Old Testament as He is for those of the New.