View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 16:47   #24
neon

Japle
Speaking strictly for myself, its not really about religion. I consider all religions equally invalid. Not one of them passes the sniff test. They all look equally silly to anyone whos not a believer.

Answer:Molly:
If there were a religion who said they would behead you if you didn't believe in their religion. What would you do then?

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man (that would be YOU) receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Japle
The real issues Im interested in are skepticism and critical thinking. The idea that someone can take the writings of bronze age semi-savages whose technology hadn't gotten as far as the button and button-hole over evidence obtained through rigorous modern scientific investigation is simply astonishing to me.

Answer:Molly:
Truth cannot contradict the Bible, since God, who knows all things, kept the writers of the Bible from error. If theories that rest upon mere speculation or insufficient evidence are presented as fact, in any area of knowledge, e.g. in religion, philosophy, science, etc. they deserve the description that the apostle gives here: "knowledge science falsely so called." Scorce Scofield study Bible.

Molly

+++
Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote