View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11   #13
digilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
As a safety issue and liability of the shooting range that practice makes not one bit of sense to me.
Magazine removed, slide locked back, chamber checked, empty chamber flag or a spent case in the ejection port if the gun will not lock back.
Even with this I have seen too many times where people are down range and someone has a brain fart and picks up a firearm. If that was the range policy I would be finding me a different range.
It doesn't make one bit of sense to me to keep disabling the firearms ad nauseam in the name of "safety" (that thinking got us the Hillary hole). Put the gun down, step away from the tables. If no fingers are on triggers the guns can't go off. Simple as that. When the rifle guys are back at their tables, the range officer gives the okay to go back to the pistol tables. I've never seen someone ignore the range officer and all these people standing away from the shooting tables during a target timeout, pick up a pistol, and start firing while the rifle guys are out there.