View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 17:33   #1
bac1023

Still in search of a Korriphila HSP...

Well, I had a loose deal set up to buy a 4" Korriphila HSP in January and it fell through last week. I had contacted the seller back in August. He was selling one in 45ACP with a 4" barrel. The asking price was $8000, which was too high. I offered $5000 and we then agreed on $6000 shipped.

The problem was that it wasn't the configuration I was looking for. I wanted the full size 5" barreled version in 9mm. While I love 45ACP, its still a very distant second to my favorite caliber (9mm). This is even more true when we're talking about high end European pistols. To me, they should definitely be in a European caliber. Because of that, I was on the fence about the purchase and said to myself that if it was still available in January, it would be mine. Well, someone else offered to buy it a few weeks early. Had it been the one I really wanted, I would have bought it early or at least offered some money to hold it. At this point, I'm now back in the market to find one.

The Korriphila HSP is a holy grail pistol for me. I had started a thread on it a few months back after picking up my first holy grail pistol in the Korth auto. Again though, I always envisioned one in 9mm with a 5" barrel.

Here's the thread. The lead on the model in 45ACP I spoke about is the same one that I had picked back up until last week.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1438243

So what do you think? Should I be kicking myself for letting this one slip away or should I be a bit relieved that I'm not forking out that kind of money for a holy grail pistol that wasn't exactly what I wanted? To be honest, my first thought was one of relief, because $6000 is a LOT of money, especially if its not exactly what I wanted. Today though, I was dwelling on it and feeling a little bummed. They are VERY hard to find.

I'm sure I'll be thrilled when I actually get the exact model I'm looking for, but right now I have some mixed feelings. I keep telling myself that the 5" barel looks much better and I know I wanted 9mm by far over any other caliber. However, I'm still feeling a bit sad that I let this one get away. It may be quite a while before I find another now.

Korriphilas are produced in Germany in extremely limited quantities, much like the Korth auto. However, when I got the Korth, it was the EXACT configuration I wanted. It was a West German model, with a matte blue finish with wood grips in 9mm. This Korriphila was not the exact model I wanted, but once again, they are not easy to find.

Any thoughts?

How hard should I be kicking myself?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote