View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 18:25   #14
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
If you can swing the dough ($2,800) and the wait (a year) Larue's the way to go. But again: Add 2 lbs for the magazine and 2 lbs for the optics/mount and you are back up to 12 lbs with even with a Larue.

Brother...that ain't a lightweight rifle. Hell, My .416 Rigby with glass beats it by almost 3 lbs and I think that rifle is a chunk!
A fully loaded LR-308 magazine weighs 1.5 pounds. Down load it to 5 rounds for hunting and it weighs 10 ounces. A Leupold VX-R 1.25-4x20 with firedot illuminated reticle weighs 11.5 ounces and Burris Extreme high rings weigh 5.5. So loaded and set up with the Leupold VX-R for hunting, a rifle that weighed 7.75 pounds clean is still under 9.5 pounds.

I prefer the Leupold VX-R 2-7x33. The larger objective lens transmits more light and 7x magnification brings my view out to my rifle's range. At 2x a shooter can be quite fast using the Bindon aiming technique. The VX-R 2-7 weighs just 12.7 ounces, there is very little weight added v. The 1.25-4 Leupold and it is 1.3 ounces lighter than the Trijicon you mentioned and $385 cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote