View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 20:13   #68
hogship
It's MY Island

By legalizing prostitution, it is actually giving the stamp of approval to it.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I feel I have no right to force my sense of morality on someone else's behavior. On the other hand, I feel legalized prostitution will normalize it, bring it into the public arena, and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.

Maybe the best way to handle it, so that nobody's freedom to conduct their lives as they wish is jeopardized.......is to legalize privately conducted prostitution, but to criminalize it in the public arena. (I don't care what consenting adults do in private, but this is one thing I wish my sons and daughters not to be subjected to. There are severe morality issues that are best left to their judgement when they are old enough to make mature choices in life.)

How many of you here are good with your sons and daughters being taught that prostitution is nothing but a capitalism issue......and doesn't have anything to do with right vs wrong, proper vs improper, moral vs immoral?

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 12-04-2012 at 20:57..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote